Friday, September 24, 2004

Dumb Dumb Daycare

The first school I went to was called Dumb Dumb Daycare.

I don't remember much about the place, except that it had a big back yard and it is where I met a great group of friends, many of whom I still hang out with to this day.

What I remember most about Dumb Dumb is how it was named. Basically, the story goes like this:

The founders of the school decided that the children should be in charge of naming the place. After all, it was as much the students school and their school. So just before nap time one day, the teachers convened a meeting with all of the kids to tell them the news. They told us that the first words one of us blurted out would become the new name of our school.

One of my friends immediately said: That's Dumb Dumb.

The founders stuck to their word, and taught us all a valuable lesson: be careful what you say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dumb Dumb Day Care...that's hilarious.

Before I remember kids going to day care, our parents (in the '70s) just threw latchkeys around our necks. After school, we were smoking and looking at my dad's Penthouse magazines by the age of nine.