Friday, September 17, 2004

Strollin' In Our Blue Panel Truck

Before my brothers were born, my parents and I lived in a Blue Panel Truck.

Today it sounds a little crazy. But, back then it was good livin'. We had all of the ammenities, including a stove, a big comfy matress, and a cooler for food. We even had a spice rack rigged up along one of the inside steel panels. I guess you could say it was the hippie version of an RV -- just a little smaller.

From pictures I have seen, the blue truck was a really cool looking mobile -- something you can imagine ZZTOP driving today -- except their's would be cherry red and have lots of chrome sticking out of it. Ours was more of a dull faded blue, with rust and steel mixed in.

I'm not quite sure why we lived in a Blue Panel Truck, but it seemed to work out for us at the time. My father would weave handmade belts from a loom he had made; my mom would make large macromay pieces and work on upholstery projects.

I guess, I just pretty much lounged around as babies do. But instead of a stroller to take me around, I had my own Blue Panel Truck...

No comments: